Best gun cleaning kits
Cleaning your gun is one of the most important things you need to remember when you own a gun or multiple. Just like anything else, if a gun is not properly maintained and cleaned, it can lead to improper functionality. However, unlike other things, a gun that works improperly is dangerous, and it can lead to accidents. Some of them can be fatal. That is why everyone who owns a gun must also have a gun cleaning kit.
At the same time, you should remember that accidents that happen during the cleaning of the gun are extremely rare, and they are not severe in most cases. The fact that you see in movies that some person dies cleaning his gun…that is a far-fetched scenario and almost never happens. Cleaning your gun is a good thing, not something you should be afraid of. Plus, if you always remember to take the bullet out of the chamber before cleaning the gun, the worst thing that can happen is that you scratch your hand for handling the cleaning rod without being careful.
What can you find in a gun cleaning kit?
A gun cleaning kit is a set of pieces of equipment that can help you clean your gun correctly. Not all kits are the same, and some have more parts than others, but there are a few essential items that cannot miss. Here is what a basic gun cleaning kit contains:
- Cleaning swab – it is also known as a gun mop, and it is made of cotton. It is designed to remove any residue that can be found down the barrel after using the This is used after you clean the gun using the brushes. It gives the barrel a finishing touch so that the gun is left dry and residue-free.
- Bronze brush – a gun cleaning kit will include multiple bronze It is among the first things you use when you start cleaning your weapon. It removes the heavy residue. While brushes can be made of many other materials, bronze is to be preferred.
- Nylon brush – only larger gun cleaning kits contain a nylon brush. The universal ones come with the bronze brush, and that is it. However, the nylon brush is useful when your gun has hard to reach places.
- Cotton swabs – these are used more for detailing, and they are quite They usually measure 6 inches in length, and you can buy them separately every time you are running out.
- Gun cleaning patches – this is what you dip in the cleaning solvent. They are made of several materials, some better than others, which is why you need to pay attention to quality. You then attach the patch to a cleaning jag or slotted patch holder and clean your gun.
- Lint-free paper towels – regular paper towels leave lint behind, and that is not something you want inside your gun. These, however, will not leave a trace. Sometimes people use them as patches when they run out. They are very efficient.
- Cleaning jag – most cleaning jags are made of brass or are nickel plated so that they cannot scratch the inside of the gun. You just place a patch in the center of the jag and proceed to clean your gun.
- Cleaning rods – these are the first things you are going to notice in your kit. They can be attached to almost all the other components of the gun cleaning kit, especially the brushes. Otherwise, how do you think you can clean the entire barrel of a shotgun or hunting gun?
- Cleaning solvent – when it comes to solvents, you need to pay a lot of attention. The market is full of knock-offs. However, this is something that you probably need to buy separately because most universal gun cleaning kits do not have one. That is because most people have their own favorite gun cleaning solvent.
- Gun cleaning mat – a lot of people consider that they do not need a cleaning mat, but they immediately regret their decision to not purchase one once they spill some solvent on their living room carpet or their The debris is not very pretty either.
What happens if you do not clean your gun?
I said at the beginning of this article that cleaning your gun is one of the most important things you need to do on a regular basis if you own a gun or several. The improper use of a gun can lead to many accidents, and that is the last thing you need. To paint a clearer picture of what can happen, take a look at the most common gun malfunctions that occur when you do not use a gun cleaning kit.
Failure to feed
If the barrel fills up with dirt, grime, or lead, the cartridge will not sit as it should in the chamber. With the spring, there is the same issue, and it can also lead to a failure to feed. For that to not happen, all you need to do is clean the gun and keep it lubricated at all times. After all, it will not take you long to do it, and this simple action can potentially save your life.
This action is also called an incomplete discharge. The cause is a blockage in the barrel of the gun. It can be metal fouling or anything else. So what happens during a squib load? The round gets stuck, and when you pull the trigger again because that is the first instinct, the second round will be projected in the first (blocked) round, and the gun will basically explode. It can be fatal, not only to you but to the people around you. This alone should be a very good reason to get yourself a complete gun cleaning kit.
Failure to extract
This is pretty much similar to the previous mishap, only that the explosion happens as a result of something else. When you fire your weapon, the round that you just shot will be evicted from the gun’s mechanism. Basically, the cartridge is thrown out. I am sure you know what I am talking about. However, if the gun is not properly maintained, there can be rust and corrosive agents on that mechanism, and the extraction will not happen. As a result, the next round you fire will be shot at the base of the first cartridge that is now blocked. Thus the explosion that proves to be fatal to you or people around you.
After reading about all this, I think that you do not need extra reasons to purchase a gun cleaning kit. It is not that expensive, and you should never put a price on your own safety or the safety of the people around you.
What are the best gun cleaning kits?
Now that you know you need a gun cleaning kit, you should move on and buy one. You can browse the internet, and you will find hundreds of products. You should also read some gun cleaning kits reviews online to see what worked for other people who have the same guns as you do. Or, you can opt for one of the products below.
Gloryfire Universal Gun Cleaning Kit
The first product that I think you will find suitable for you is the one manufactured by Gloryfire. The gun cleaning kit provides everything you need so that you can clean your gun properly. You can use it for shotguns, rifles, and pistols. You basically have everything you need to clean your gun in a single case. The case will keep everything in order because each piece has its own designated place. At the same time, the manufacturer held two open spaces where you can put your favorite cleaning oil and solvent. I think it is a nice touch.
All the pieces in the Gloryfire are made of high-quality materials. The slotted tips and cleaning jags are made of premium brass and high-quality nylon plastic. You will see no trace of cheap plastic on any of the parts in the case. As a result, you will enjoy this kit for a very long time. The last thing you need is a broken jag or tip inside your barrel.
This universal gun cleaning kit is lightweight and easy to carry. The case is made of durable plastic, and inside you will find everything you need from brass rods for multiple calibers and brushes to accessory adapters and cleaning patches. If you buy this kit, you will not need anything else except for the cleaning solvent and the oil.
Ohuhu Gun Cleaning Kit
This particular gun cleaning kit may not contain as many parts as the previous product, but it is more than enough no matter which type of firearm you have. You can find everything you need to properly maintain your gun. There are 28 pieces in total, and they all come in a durable carrying case made of aluminum.
The case contains 6 rods, but the best thing about them is that they are all made of durable stainless steel. As you can imagine, you will enjoy this set most likely for the rest of your life. Three of the rods are meant for shotguns, while the other three are suitable for rifles.
The Ohuhu set also contains 10 different sizes of brushes. They are all made of brass. The 5 cotton brushes will help you detail your gun as best as you can. As you can expect from almost any gun cleaning kit, this one too lacks solvent and oil. That is because most people have a favorite. You can buy them separately according to your personal preferences.
Allen Company Ultimate Gun Cleaning Kit
If you are looking for the most complete, so to speak, gun cleaning kit, then you have already found it. This product comes with 65 parts that can help you to properly clean your guns. In fact, it is a professional-grade cleaning kit, and all of the pieces are arranged in a toolbox for better storage and portability.
While this kit includes pieces for standard rifles and pistol calibers, you can also use it to clean your shotguns. If you have an entire army in your home, you can use this set to clean every single gun.
The Allen Company gun cleaning kit includes bronze brushes, brass jags, cotton swabs (that you can replace once you run out,) brass slotted tips, brass adapters, muzzle guards, cleaning rods, pick, cleaning brushes, and cotton patches. As you can see for yourself, only the oil and the solvent are missing, but you can buy them separately according to which products you usually use.
It is always tough to make a choice between a few excellent products. However, if I were to choose one, I would go with the Gloryfire Universal Gun Cleaning Kit. It seems to have all the pieces one needs to secure the proper maintenance of the guns one has in the collection. The parts are made of high-quality materials, and you will be able to keep in for a very long time. I think it is one of the best gun cleaning kits you can find on the market.
I think that only by reading this you are on the right track. I cannot stress enough how important it is to have clean guns every time you use them. It can prevent a disaster. One of the gun cleaning kits above should help you do that. No matter which one you choose, in the end, the important thing is that you made a choice and your guns will be clean. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Thoughts on Gun Cleaning Vise in Step by Step Order
- Things You Should Know About Top Rated Gun Cleaning Kits
- Gun Cleaning Bench Reviews & Guide
- Gun Cleaning Stand – the Conspriracy
- The Meaning of Gun Cleaning Equipment
- The War Against Gun Cleaning Table
- What You Need to Do About Good Gun Cleaning Kit Starting in the Next Three Minutes
- Magical Solutions to Clp Gun Cleaner Revealed
- The Battle Over Otis Gun Cleaning Kit and How to Win It
- The Debate Over Hoppe ‘s Gun Cleaning Kit
- Gun Cleaning Rods Tips
- A Startling Fact about Gun Cleaning Brushes Uncovered
- All About Gun Cleaning Box
- The True Meaning of Best Gun Cleaning Products
- Top Guide of Best Gun Cleaning Supplies
- New Step by Step Roadmap for Otis Gun Cleaning
- New Step by Step Roadmap for Gun Cleaning Oil
- Most Noticeable 9mm Gun Cleaning Kit
- Top Choices of Otis Cleaning Kit
- Whispered Gun Cleaning Products Secrets
- All About Gun Cleaning Patches
- The Unexplained Puzzle Into Best Universal Gun Cleaning Kit Uncovered
- Unanswered Concerns About Gun Cleaning Tools You Should Think About
- Top 9mm Cleaning Kit Tips!
- Best Gun Cleaner – the Conspriracy
- Unusual Article Uncovers the Deceptive Practices of Best Gun Cleaning Solvent
- Rumors, Lies and Gun Cleaning Solvent
- Why Everyone Is Mistaken About Gun Cleaning Mat and Why You Should View This Report Right Now
- Why Everybody Is Talking About Gun Cleaning…The Simple Truth Revealed
- Warning Signs on Gun Cleaner You Must Be Aware Of
- A Guide to Universal Gun Cleaning Kit
- The One Thing to Do for Best Gun Cleaning Kit
- Gun Cleaning Kits Ideas
- Top Tips of Gun Cleaning Supplies
- The Argument About Gun Cleaning Kit